Wednesday 14 May 2014

WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.  I am writing this blog to share my reflections from my life.  I have been an acupuncturist for 20 years (and still am) and a philosopher for 40 years.  I have always been interested in people and curious about what makes people tick.  The main part of my work as an acupuncturist that I have enjoyed the most, is listening to peoples talk about their lives, and difficulties and accomplishments; and encouraging and supporting them where I can.  I also think that Traditional Oriental Medicine has an incredibly philosophical and holistic approach to life - body mind and spirit.
I have often asked myself - what's the meaning of life - not in a depressed way but what are we all doing here?  I can have moments of being melancholic but I can also be a dreamer.  I particularly like this sentiment by Vincent van Gogh - "For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream".
I'm really interested in sharing my thoughts and in starting a dialogue with others reflections around this subject.  I am very grateful that I seem to have managed to create a fairly amazing life for myself (most of the time) but also there is an element of Is that it?  What next?  What is it all about?

Thanks for reading, you're welcome to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment